Thursday, February 12, 2009

I think we did it backwards.

We've been having some difficulty with our animals. Each week I have Bryan empty out Chloe's litter box. Well these last few weeks Bryan has found hardly anything in them...
Pete had a pillow in his kennel but had peed all over it one night a long while back, so Bryan took it out side to air dry a bit before he cleaned it. Well, knowing my husband, he forgot all about it and so it sat outside for a few days.. then a few weeks and then a couple of months. He finally brought it in after it was frozen solid from snow and low temperatures. He threw it down in the basement to defrost and, again, forgot about it. (He has more on his mind than pee pillows.)
So, going back to the hardly full litter box... Chloe has been peeing on it. Bryan said when he went down there and found hardly anything in the litter box once again that he checked around because she has been known to get angry with us and pee on our things. Turned out that he found a sopping wet pillow. He had to hose down part of the basement and throw the pee pillow into the sink to drip dry before we throw it away. Ridiculousness.
The reason why we think she's been doing this, well the reason for her being angry, is because I kicked her out of our bedroom where she has been since we've brought her home. She had been vomiting on our bed whenever I wouldn't pay my attention to her but to Amelia. So out went the cat.
I will admit that I did spoil Chloe way too much. She was my lap cat, slept in our bed next to my side, cuddled with her.. blah blah blah. So now that there is a new baby in town.. er, house, she's very upset with me and peeing and vomiting on our things. Great joy.
So, what's probably true for us is that we did it backwards. We should of had the baby first, then gotten a dog (so we could have paid more mind to him and trained him correctly) and then gotten the cat so she wouldn't have come to hate us for bringing in her arch rival and then a new baby.

I offered her the door tonight. She wouldn't take it and cried at me like I didn't know what I was doing. Oh, I so knew what I was doing.

No comments: