Friday, October 24, 2008

Recently...

Let's see.. what's been going on with me...
Not much. Ha. Probably why I haven't blogged.

Amelia is doing really well. Other than her pumpkin being stolen (which I have replaced) and being quite constipated (well, not anymore because of her huge blowout last night), she is happy as a clam, growing splendidly (already in her 0-3 months) and outdoing the norms (she's becoming better at reaching her goal of turning over -whether she actually understands what she's doing or not).
She has also discovered a paci that she will take. One that is nipple-like in form and reads "precious" on the front. A little silly for me but, hey, she enjoys it. She also has a fun game that she likes to play with dad: sucking on her paci for a few minutes before spitting it out then grunting until daddy puts it back in so the game may start all over.
Her and I very much enjoy our days together and when she's not with me but upstairs with dad in her swing, I find myself missing her very much. It's funny to me because when she's downstairs with me I can't get much if anything done, but when she's upstairs allowing me time for things, such as chores or errands, I miss her. I miss her and long to hold her even it if means back to not getting anything done. How long will she stay this little anyway? Not long from the looks of her eating habits :)
What else? She is quite the talker.. er.. grunter/cooer. I guess that's talking, eh? They are the cutest little noises. I've also noticed these funny little characteristics about her that she gathered from us. For instance, she will spread her toes with the three in the middle remaining close to each other or she'll curl all but her big toe under, these both she got from dad.

As for me... well, I finished a scrapbook. The first year of Bryan's life that we'll be giving to his mom for -a- special occasion. Not sure which one, yet but we'll decide. Her birthday is on Sunday but Christmas is coming up- even though it feels like a Mother's day gift. What do you guys think?
The house seems to get messier a lot quicker. I'm sure it'll be worse when Amelia is contributing purposely. It's not like the dirty diapers or "destroyed" clothing is left on, well, everything by her. Oh well. I am now a mother and I have learned how to clean a room in 5 minutes. I've gotten very good at it.
Had a follow-up doctor's appointment today. He said I've healed really well and I'm looking good. Speaking of, they had to weigh me when I got there and I've already lost 30lbs of the baby weight! Wha-hoo. Only X amount left to go. You didn't think I was actually going to say how much I put on, did you??? Ha.
Bryan and I have decided that it's time to get my craft area up and going, so Keith has offered to help Bryan make a desk and shelves for me and all of my crafty goodness. I'm very excited. Right now I'm just trying to figure out exactly what I would like for them to make.
Last thing.. I need to go on a "spending money" diet. I've spent more than I probably should have these last couple of weeks. So back to an allowance.. boo.

Anyway, that's really all I've got. I'll try to have more exciting things to talk about next time. Have a good weekend!

No comments: