Monday, October 06, 2008

I have no words

This morning my mom calls me and sounds very upset. Asking what is wrong she asked that we not allow Amelia to sleep on our bed anymore. I had been bringing Amelia onto the bed at night to feed her and rest at the same time. So my mom is crying asking us not to do this anymore. Of course, I'm like, "sure.. not a problem." But I had to ask what was wrong.
Through tears she tells me that her co-worker accidentally smothered her 3 month old on the couch. Turns out she was lying on the couch with her son sleeping on her chest. She didn't mean to fall asleep but when she did her son slipped off of her into the crack between her and the couch with his head down. It had only been a few minutes because his body was still warm but she couldn't revive him.
After I got off the phone with her I went and kissed and hugged Amelia a ton of times. I feel so heart-broken for this mom. It's completely devastating, so if you all could keep her in your prayers. I don't know how she will deal with this, so if you would, pray for God to bring her comfort. Her name is Misty.

No comments: