Monday, September 08, 2008

Weekend Recap and Dr. News

Last Friday-- My Birthday!!
Woke up and Bryan and I went to see the Dr. at 10.
  • He checked my dialation -1cm still
  • Effaced at 60%
  • And stripped my membranes -which hurt :(
  • He had to do it twice cause I kept scooching my butt away... can you blame me???
Went home and I got my birthday present from Grama and Grampa (I got one from Mom the day before). Then, I got my took a nap but only got an hour.
  • I heard knocking on the screen door that was locked.
  • I figured if they really cared they'd call Bryan.
  • Heard the phone ring.
  • Bryan came down and answered the door.
  • Told me I had a visitor.
  • I jokingly told him to tell them to go away.
  • It turned out it was my younger sister, Sarah, coming to surprise me for my birthday since I couldn't go home to see anyone.
  • (Bryan kept this a secret...)
Got up and hung out with Sarah until 4:30 when my mom-in-law and Bryan's sister-in-law showed up.
  • We headed out for my surprise gift.
  • I had a hunch but didn't want to ruin the surprise so I didn't say anything to anyone.
  • Turned out my hunch was correct and we were headed to a nail salon.
  • I got a mani and pedi.
  • The pedicure was AMAZING.
  • My mom-in-law is wonderful.
  • I thanked her repeatedly and told her that it was exactly what I needed... especially since I can't reach my toes.
  • (Bryan kept this a secret, too...)
We got to the in-laws house late for dinner because this nail salon doesn't know what an appointment is and it took us an hour longer than we planned for. However...
  • I walked in to find the Pitts (yay!)
  • (which Bryan kept a secret as well!! Good job, Bryan!)
  • even though Bruce didn't get to be there (boo...)
  • We had an awesome meal and just as awesome dessert (mmm)
  • And I got a $25 gift card (from the Pitts) to Michaels.
  • Our bassinet was there so we got to take it home, it's lovely.
  • We hung around chatting until 10.
On Saturday, Sarah and I went to Michaels. The gift card was burning a hole in my pocket. I bought some more stuff to finish Bryan's mom's birthday present. Then we stopped at Village Inn to buy a pie with the gift card Sarah gave to me to curve my cravings of pie. We got to hang out and eat until 7 when Sarah had to take off for home.
On Sunday, Bryan and I went to the church potluck then came home to relax.
So... today, I went back to the Dr. for another appointment. He wanted me to come back in if I hadn't gone into labor from him stripping the membranes on Friday. So, in I went. He checked me and I'm still 1 cm dialated, 60% effaced and he stripped the membranes once again. He said for me to come in again on Thursday if nothing has happened. He'll try stripping the membranes one last time and if there is still nothing then he'll put me on the list to induce me on Monday.
So now I'm praying that I will go into labor here sometime this week. I am praying for God's will and His timing but I've heard that inducing can be way more painful than just doing everything naturally. So hopefully His will is this week... *sigh.
What is funny is that both my mom and grama said that the moon has changed and it should be a full moon tonight. They say that's when all the babies are born... ha.. we'll see.

No comments: