Wednesday, August 06, 2008

Anniversary weekend

I should probably blog about our Babymoon before I forget it all.

Thursday night we decided to camp out. Bryan set up the tent and I took the very hard task of blowing up the air mattress. Then Bryan worked on the campfire and it took the poor guy for-ev-er because he didn't have any starter wood. After much determination he did it and we had some very tasty hotdogs. Then we roasted some marshmallows and had ourselves some s'mores. I think I had three... But they were gooood.
We were planning on staying out in the tent but we were both sweating.. Bryan really bad -dripping in fact. So we decided to call it a night and head inside to the air conditioning. Cheating, I know. But that's the beauty of camping in the back yard.

Friday, we slept in... 'til 10. It was great. We then lounged around until 4 when we went to see The Dark Knight. It was amazing. I can see why they are talking about giving Heath Ledger an award post-humusly.
For the evening we played nintendo and then went out to the tent. It was a gorgeous night so we couldn't pass it up.
I didn't sleep great. It's hard to sleep on an air mattress when you're pregnant and you just keeping sinking towards the middle. Bryan offered that we go inside but I refused cause I wanted to "rough it." I can do it otherwise so I was bound and determined to do it while being pregnant.

Saturday, we slept in and then took our time getting up and around so we didn't ge to Potter's Obsession until about 12:30. I started with a plate and Bryan a beer mug. I asked him what he was going to do with a beer mug since we don't drink and he responded with "It will hold a lot of anything." Meaning soda.
I finished earlier than Bryan so I decided to get a mug and saucer set. I'm excited to see how they'll turn out.
Then about 5:30 we headed out to a friend's large pond and went a'fishin'. Bryan caught a small bass. I was very proud of him. However, I didn't catch anything. I was a little bummed but I love fishing so it really didn't matter. Pete and a deer had a little run-in. They didn't quite hit it off.

Sunday, our 4th anniversary, we slept in a bit then headed to the Amanas for lunch. We ate at the Ronneburg which was really good. That is some really good German food. Afterwards we walked around and enjoyed the cute little shops for a while before the heat got to be too much and we headed to IC.
Bryan got a new baseball cap and I got to go to a maternity store. Lo-o-oved it. I bought the first outfit I tried on cause it was awesome. I wish I had known about this store since I started growing a bump.
We headed home and relaxed the rest of the night.

It was a grand ol' time.

1 comment:

Bahil said...

did you just refer to your impending child as a bump...