Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Turkey's (almost) done

I had a dream this morning that my belly button popped out. I apologize to all you squeamish but it really does happen towards the end of the pregnancy.
However, in my dream it looked really weird and I could stick it out and suck it back in. I'm pretty sure you can't do that in real life.
This hasn't yet happened to me but I feel it's getting close.
The vast space in my belly button has closed in on itself so much that there's not much left to go. And my skin feels like it's being cut into shreds as I grow even bigger and endure the horrendous curse of stretch marks. It makes me sad.
The baby is getting so big that I can feel her even if she's just getting comfortable. People are getting the chance to feel her as well.
This weekend, I was sitting with my family watching TV and feeling the baby kick and hit, yes TWO places. So my baby sister tells me not to be selfish with a laughter in her voice and asks to feel. So I offer the "hands" side to her and ask my other sister if she would like to feel as well. She got the "feet" side. It's funny to me how much Courtney wants to feel the baby. I don't mind, I just didn't think she would always jump at the chance whenever the baby was moving.
Grama also got to feel the baby -for the first time. She was pretty excited.
So the baby has her quieter days and others she won't stop kicking my in the ribs. I have a hard time bending over because that leaves less room for the baby and then a kick to my side. For such a tiny thing (four pounds at the moment) it feels like she could crack one.
I'm not even that big but since I'm having a harder time bending over that means a harder time getting up. So, yes, rolling or having someone help me off -even the couch.
What's funny to me is that in spite of the difficulties -the punching, the stretch marks, the rolling- I still very much enjoy being pregnant. Yeah, I have days where I'm just too excited and can't wait to meet this tiny person or others where I start to freak out that I'll be a mom here soon and maybe I'm not ready for it, but I truly enjoy being pregnant. Knowing that there is this wonderful little person, this creation that God has allowed Bryan and I to be apart of, trusting us to care and nurture this baby, is somewhat miraculous. And scary.
So I guess that I can and cannot wait. For everything.

No comments: