Monday, July 28, 2008

Baby Shower

Saturday I went to my baby shower. It was wonderful. The cutest little event.
Emily started us off by playing a couple of games. I sucked at it but it was still fun.
Then we cut the cake which was very tasty. The punch was also very good. Pink even! We sat around and chatted as we ate or rather enjoyed. We talked about what we'll be naming the baby when she finally arrives.
Then it was devotion time. Emily read from one of her favorite books 1001 Things It Takes To Be A Great Mom. As she was reading a few of her favorites she started to cry which made the rest of us at least tear up if not cry right along with her. Then she prayed for Bryan, the baby and I and it was a beautiful prayer. I told Bryan about it later that night and just how touched I was by it.
I love that girl.
Then it was present time. I took my time unwrapping and enjoying it gift as it came. We got incredibly sweet gifts. Every thing was so lovely.
We received three crocheted blankets. I love crocheted blankets, I always think that they mean more because the person put a lot of time and effort into them.
And this diaper bag that we received from my mom-in-law is SO cute. I'm excited for it. She told me that I was more than welcome to return it for one of the bags that I had originally picket out but I told her that she wouldn't believe how long it took me to find something that was decent without spending an arm and a leg. Plus she got me one with lots of pockets so it's perfect.
After the presents we played one more game which we ALL sucked at and ended up giving up in the end. It was really hard but still it was fun.
So thank you Miss Emily and Miss Rachel for a wonderful party. I am so grateful of it and of these two ladies.

After the party the in-laws came to our house to eat and see the new place since we've moved in. My mom-in-law said that all of our stuff looked like it was made specifically for this house. They really liked it and just thought it was great.
We sat around and talked for a while then the men went out and grilled and us women stayed in a rested. All the while we were talking.
Dinner was awesome. Everything tasted wonderful and we had sweet corn which was SOOOO good. I could eat that every day I think.
They stayed until about 8:30 before heading home. It was really nice to hang out with them.

Anyway, today I have a lot to do and I haven't started on any of it. I'm feeling lazy but it's gotta get done... after I nap.
I'm pregnant. I can do that. :)

No comments: