Saturday, July 19, 2008

Date Night

Last night Bryan took me on a date. I was very excited.
We went to get our tickets at 5:30 at the Galaxy 16
for Dark Night at 8:30
but they were sold out until 11:30 :(
Bryan got us tickets to Get Smart instead at 8.
We headed back to Granite City
where we waited for a table for 45 minutes...
We were told only 20-30 minutes.
So we didn't get to just sit and talk for as long as
we would have wanted to but it was still fun.
The food was amazing.
I forgot how good it is.
Bryan ordered a pizza -yum
and I got a very tasty sandwich.
Then we headed to the theater
which we saw massive lines for the Dark Night.
It kind of made us glad we didn't have to wait in line
but got to go straight to our seats.
Well Bryan did,
I, on the other hand, had to go to the bathroom..
surprise surprise ;)
So when I got in there Bryan had sat in our favorite row
but with one seat on each side of him
forcing me to sit next to one of two really big guys.
I didn't mind until the one I did decide to sit next to
went and bought him and his wife
a fried food platter supreme extra with a side of heart attack.
At first it smelled kind of good but after a while
the stench of his hot dog with extra relish
and potato oles started to get to me.
I actually thought that I might throw up.
So I moved to the other side of Bryan.
Much better.
The movie was awesome.
Steve Carrell is really funny.
There were so many lines that had us laughing
that we couldn't remember them all.
The only sad part about the night,
other than it ending,
is that Bryan and I were both yawning our way home...
at 10 o'clock.
We're officially old.

No comments: