Friday, December 23, 2005

an ode to our truck.

So last night Bryan and I found out that our truck is "totaled" according to the insurance company although we still drive it. We are both very sad because we really like this truck. Bryan's had it for almost 5 years and it's my dream truck. It's sad but they are giving us almost 11k for it. Even though, we both were pretty distraught about it.
Well I started thinking about it and this morning (even though we still want the truck) we figured it was a good thing. It's one less thing that we'll be dependent on his parents for. The truck is a company truck but it's his dad so of course he'd let us keep the truck. He's even paying it off still. But with this 11k we'll take 2k and finish off the truck payment then use the rest for a new vehicle.
And although Bryan is having to get rid of his truck he's letting me (if I want) get a new vehicle. I have a Taurus and it's a very nice car so he'll take it if I want something new. But really, what his is mine and mine is his. So it won't really matter in the end.
He's such a sweetheart.
There's also a job opportunity that I'm looking into that will pay $13 an hour. My mom-in-law found out about it and let me know on Monday... I think. But I didn't look into it until Thursday. The thing is the job isn't a known opening. I only found out because the two higher ups both go to our church. I didn't call til Thursday because I was out and about Christmas shopping Tuesday and Wednesday coming home both days completely wiped. Well my dad-in-law called me three times yesterday after telling me to call about the job on Wednesday while I was there for laundry. I had already planned on calling on Thursday anyway before the calls because I had time.
Bryan told his dad that he was frustrating the crap out of me after asking him if I had called (which I did, thank you very much). Then his mom asked if I called and I think he was fed up after that. Can't blame him, he's in the same boat I am.
I guess they were frustrated that I didn't call right away because they're becoming strapped from helping us. But we don't like being broke any more than they do. I can, though, understand but I wasn't going to NOT call... crazy. I would be anyway if I passed up a $13 an hour job. But to hound me with calls when I said I was planning on calling.. good grief.
I love my in-laws, don't get me wrong. But this certainly proves my grandpa's point in saying, "Don't live too close to either family."

2 comments:

FantasticAlice said...

Ohhhh. New Car? What are you thinking about even getting? I'll tell you right now stay away from the 99 buick regals ( I had car trouble yesterday ).

So, really what are you interested in?

Oh, good picks on the new years resolutions. I went to your art site (I have my minor in art history) I really appreciate what you have done, would love to see more!

none said...

Thanks Alice. I really should get more of my art onto the site. I'll have to look into getting that done.

As for the new car, we recently went out and got a new one. It's an '05 Ford Taurus. We already have one that's a '97 and liked it so we thought, "hey, why not?"
It's really nice. We even got it for 13k which isn't bad for never being owned before.
It's also very roomy and sips gas like men sip fine wine.

Is that a good analogy or what??

But it drives very nice. And it's a very safe car. 5 star rating.