Friday, December 02, 2005

today. what a day.

Today I got into two car accidents and found out an old friend had died. First accident I hit someone. There was ice on the road with a hidden stop sign, I couldn't stop. She was nice about it all but the cop sucked. He was a jerk and half treating me like a dumb broad who didn't know how to drive. Considering that was my first accident ever I should have gotten a little more slack. With that one my husband met me to make sure all was well and since I was in the truck most all of the damage was done to the one I hit.
After all that was said and done we were on our way back home. My mistake was jokingly saying, "I'll follow you so that way if we get into another accident at least I'll hit you and not someone else."
Yeah, I'm an idiot.
There was a train that held up the 5 o'clock traffic for about 15 minutes. At this time I was talking to my mom and sister and right I answered that I was doing all right to my sister the guy behind me slammed into me. He was so frustrated by the train he wasn't paying attention and basically I was his brakes. He hit me hard and slammed my knee into part of the truck. I also hit my husband. By this point I was yelling into the phone that I had just got hit and had to go, I hung up the phone. But after I did I just started bawling. I had had enough.
Thank God that there was no damage to the car and the truck isn't destroyed. A dented bender and bent bed with a crack in some plastic. The man's car, however, was in pretty bad shape.
After all this we got home but I had called my mom back and heard some more bad news. An old friend of mine, who was only 18, died Monday in a car accident. I cried and cried...

Just the way to end the day.

5 comments:

Gift From Virgo said...

I know this isn't at all relevant to the topic, but Virgo's rock. Just wanted to say that.
Peace.

none said...

Well thank you.

FantasticAlice said...

WOW, and I thought only I had that kind of screwed up ironic luck.

That SUCKS!

So are you a little banged up? I hope you don't have very many pains!

Take Care!

none said...

I'm banged up enough. Sore knee and neck but it's getting better, well the neck anyway. I probably did some damage to my knee. But otherwise I'm good, thanks.
It is screwed up ironic luck. What a day.. what a day.
And lets not forget the sitations for not having the insurance cards in the truck.
$1400.- worth if I don't prove it.

UnHoly Diver said...

ouch! You definitely had the day from hell. Hope you're feeling better.