Tuesday, December 20, 2005

crazy Christmas shoppers

So I've been doing some last minute Christmas shopping that I don't normally do. And all I have to say is ...people are crazy, greedy, pushy, self-absorbed, careless people this time of year, or at least more so. OK, not all. I did have a run in with a sweet older lady today helping her find the original Jumaji in Target.

But people are going crazy over a parking space. They'll sit there for five minutes waiting for someone to get in their car and back out while the line is becoming longer behind them. I just wanna yell, "walk a little.. it'll do you good." And what about the younger people fighting their way to the closest space with older people.

Younger people = younger muscles = get off your butt and be courteous to older folks who have done more for you to live easier in this day than you'll ever be able to understand.

I wouldn't be out shopping this time of year except for necessities but we just now have enough money to buy gifts for the family. I didn't realize $10 per person would actually work. Considering how much family we have we could only do $10-$15 each. It works.
I'm almost done, thankfully. I think like 3 more gifts to get.

My sister is coming back up with us to stay for the week. She's six years younger than me. We get along better than my sister who is only three years younger than me. I don't know if I'll be able to stand her for a whole week though ...or her me. It should be fun. I hope.

Oh, update on the citations. I had to go to court to prove it.. That was nerve racking. But all was dropped like we were told that it would be. Made me feel a little grown up...
And the mail key... I found it the same day our locks were changed for us. It was in my purse the whole time... side pocket, where I don't put anything nor did I bother to look.

No comments: