Thursday, August 11, 2011

And after all of that...

A few months ago we decided to switch things around in our house. The upstairs, the "Master Bedroom" (which is not so much and you'll soon see why), was home to the office, the play area, and my craft area. It was hardly ever used. Bryan preferred to be downstairs with us, A never went upstairs because no one else was up there, and I never got the time to go up there to do any crafts. Because, well, by the time I got up there and got started on something, A would need me and I'd have to come all the way back down. So it was never really fully utilized.
We do have two bedrooms downstairs, Bryan and I have one room and A had the other. So, to fully use the entire house I figured we could move A upstairs, with her toys already up there, and there'd be plenty of room for the next kiddo. Then we'd change A's room downstairs into the office/craft area so Bryan and I would both have a work space nearby.
It worked! Ta-da!
That is, until I felt like A was too far away from us. And she, nor I, liked it. She wasn't sleeping well at night, she'd crawl into bed with us in the middle of the night. It just wasn't working.
So after much deliberation, Bryan and I decided to move our bed upstairs. We'd section off the room a little bit, she'd have her space, we'd have ours, it was perfect.
Until yesterday.
That's when we tried to move our Full size mattress up the stairwell. Our house is old. The stairwell is small. It wasn't meant for anything larger than a Twin to be moved up those stairs.
So now we're stuck.
I'm disappointed and frustrated. And, now what? Her old room has been transformed. We can't move up to her new room. A Queen size bed and co-sleeping? Buy a new house? Tear down some walls??
I'm bummed. And stuck. And out of ideas...

2 comments:

Kathy said...

hissboo to your dilemma, no advice but I am praying - love you, dear one

Anita - Soaring Eagle said...

I agree with Kathy...I am sure you both will come up with something after all you are BOTH SO SMART!!! (I don't suppose you have a basement that would do both?)