Monday, June 02, 2008

"my life as I know it"

Saturday:
I had my last day of pottery. I made this really sweet piece for the baby's room and I needed to get it glazed for it to be fired. It's like a candle lantern with stars and a moon that I carved out of it. So I'm really excited to see it finished.
Then we went to a graduation party. It was nice but I sat too long and became very swollen.
By 4:30 we headed over to ShawnFest. It was very bittersweet to see the last concert of Asaph's Apprentice. But I took a lot of pictures. And I'm not using the word "lot" lightly. I took 715 pictures of my sweetie's last show. All the more to choose from :)
Afterwards, Bryan and I went out to kind of celebrate and to hang out. We went to Chili's and ribs sounded good. So without thinking I ordered the baby back ribs. After two very delicious strips and Bryan trying it as well we realized it was pork. I was very bummed and nervous. Since we don't eat pork and haven't for a very long time I was scared of how sick it would make me. Luckily the baby saved me from suffering. I just hate to subject -her- to such yuckyness.

Sunday:
We picked up two youth and went to Pancakes at the Pitts. It was very tasty, however, I need to buy them crunchy peanut butter for when I am enjoying a tasty pancake.
Church went really well. Bryan and I were on the worship team again this week and we didn't think it went that well with lack of voice and practice. But we were told a few times how much worship was appreciated. We also had a whole row filled with youth. That was pretty cool.
Afterwards, we headed down to get some grub and chit chat. A few people told me how nice I looked, I blushed and thanked them. It's so nice to be complimented when you really just feel like a giant blimp. I also got complimented by a couple of people on my voice. I really don't think it super awesome so I appreciate when people's ears don't bleed because of it.
Bryan dropped off the kids and we both headed home. We happily took a nap. Soon our realtor was at our door with something for us to sign. She told us that she was having problems getting the other realtor to fix the water heater (something pretty vital) so she told us that if he didn't get it done that she would pay to have it up to code. I was pretty stunned. Bryan explained to me later how vital their reputation is and that they will do anything to keep it high.
After we signed the last paper before signing our lives away, we headed over to the Pitts. Emily made us taco pie and it was pretty tasty. I would add lettuce and tomatoes next time but it was still scrumptious that I had two.
Bryan and Keith took Miesh and Jamie out to a friend's pond to fish. They said that had a ton of fun. Pete also learned how to swim -very quickly from the sounds of it.
Emily, Rachel, Meg-Chlo and I went out from some very yummy ice cream. We sat around and chatted for a bit and then got the boys some ice cream. I think they probably thought we were huge pigs.
We went back to the house and soon the boys and kids were home. The kids went to bed and we sat around and talked. Emily got some of her pictures hung and even hung a few while the kids were trying to sleep. It was kind of funny. But we all sat around and talked and had ourselves a merry ol' time. We enjoyed ourselves so much that we accidently stayed a half an hour past the time we were planning on leaving.

Today:
I really didn't get much packing done last week. I felt I needed to do something so I packed up our bazillion movies -3 large boxes full. And since Bryan's office area is very scary I thought I would pack up the office in it's entirety today. So far I've got his desk cleared off which I thought would be a lot scarier than it was. So that's good.
But there's a lot that we can't deal with until the day before we move because he needs it to work.. like his computer. But the rest I'm going to deal with.
Even though packing really overwhelms me, I figured that I can't wait for all the help I can wish for but to pack and clean and accept the wonderful help when and if it comes. I just gotta suck it up and do it.
However, I do need to kick Bryan's butt into gear and get him to help. He works really hard but that's no excuse to not clean up after himself to make my packing and cleaning life a little easier.

Anywhoo, on the baby side of life:
-She- is kicking me like crazy. Our little swimmer/gymnist/dancer/karate kid. Bryan got to feel the baby for the first time a couple of weeks ago. But now we're to the point where I'm trying to get him to catch when you can see the baby kicking. I get to see it all the time and sometimes -she- catches me off guard and I'll squeal a little from the unexpected jab to liver or kidney. It's all very exciting. It happens all day every day and I should be posting about it but I think -she- sleeps through me blogging and so I forget the earlier "hiya."

No comments: