Friday, May 30, 2008

Recap:

Wednesday:
We had the
End of the Year Youth Group Party
to go to.
Bryan spent most of the day preparing the equipment. I got so tired of hearing pete whine and bark that I asked Bryan if I could go wit him -even though I would ultimately be bored. And I was. But it was better than listening to pete. At five we picked up two youth kids and headed over to Ray's.
They all got the equipment set up and I watched as Brit jumped into the lake. As he swam around the mucky goo I sat with Emily and chatted about her work. I also got some really cute pictures of her and Meg-Chlo.
The party got started. We had some burgers, hotdogs, chips and sweets. Some of the kids went down to the lake. Some swam and some got in the boats and paddled around.
I got to give all the w;nk kids the bracelets I made for them. Only two thanked me for them which made me kind of sad for the rest of those kids. But those two thank you's were the sweetest. They made it worth the while.
Then the youth gathered around the fire pit and Keith passed around plaques for all the guys that went on Survivor Man. Then he had a youth pass around flower pots for the sponsors that were filled with candy and a thank you signed by all the youth. I thought that was really thoughtful and appreciative of all the sponsors that put in so much time just for that satisfaction of being with and helping the youth.
Afterwards Bryan and the band played their second to last concert. They did really well. I'm so proud of them.
When it was time to go everyone helped pick up Ray's place so we didn't leave a trace of ourselves for Ray to find.
Before we even left the premises Bruce decided to lick my cheek. I moved to say something to him and his licked finger went into my eyeball! I could feel my eyelid flip. It was quite painful.
All in all, it was a good party.

Thursday:
It was cold and rainy and made for a yucky day to do nothing. I really hate those kind of days.

Today:
I went grocery shopping and it's nice and warm. I will work on getting the office packed up -at least as much as I can without hindering Bryan working.

Tomorrow:
I have a pottery class to help out at. It will probably be the last time I get to.
Then we have ShawnFest in the afternoon. It will be the last show of Asaph's Apprentice. They might do one more for the final ShawnFest next year just to finish off a nice four years it's been running. It's kind of sad that it's coming to a close but it's been a good run. And now Bryan and I are having a baby and Bruce is going off to college. The drummer, Noel, is in another band that are actually trying to go somewhere with it. So all in all, they're all growing up and moving on.

Sunday:
I get to go out with Rachel and Emily to coldstone. Such a yummy ice cream place :)

No comments: