Thursday, June 05, 2008

I can't believe how hot it is.

We kept having these really cool days, everyone was wondering if it would ever warm up and now today, all of a sudden, it's in the 80's. It's really not the heat that bothers me, it's the humidity. Really, I enjoy hot days with the warm sun hitting you. Even when there's a warm breeze, it's nice. But the humidity is quite awful.
I was wearing a tank and jean capris and sweating so bad that I changed into one of my summer dresses. A nice cool, thin and breezy summer dress.
Bryan and I decided to go get some DQ. We came home turned three fans on in one room and we were still sweating. I was wanting to get some stuff done so I went downstairs to start working on the baby stuff. After 2 seconds of working on it I gave up from the heat and turned on the air.
So now while it's cooling down I still have two fans on my and pete and Bryan has a fan on himself.

Last night Emily called saying she could come over and help. If it wasn't for my laziness of yesterday I would have (and should have) had her come over to help with all the baby stuff. Instead we went over there and hung out.
Today, having to look at all the baby stuff, I should have just sucked it up and had Emily come over to help me work on it. Blah. I'll head down there in a few as soon as it gets a little cooler for working.

Tomorrow my family should be here in the afternoon. We'll drop off Pete and get ready to head off on Saturday for Chicago.

We have so much to do before they get here... -sigh-

1 comment:

Danger Haley said...

Yeah, I was surprised at how many answers I didn't have to change on my favorite 5's! Congrats on the house! I just put the pieces together about the packing and conversations from Mother's Day.