Friday, September 08, 2006

Sick Days for Adults

Yesterday I thought I had allergies.
So Bryan and I went to go buy claritin and benadryl.
Then last night I slept horribly.
I woke up at one.
Then again at 2:30 from a sneezing fit and couldn't fall back asleep.
Although it hadn't been 12 hours from when I took the claritin I took benadryl cause I thought it wasn't working and I needed some relief.
And sleep.
So I waited a half an hour then went back to bed.
About 3:30 the fire alarm was going off at the school across the street.
Bryan was already awake from it and came when he heard me wake up.
He ended up calling 911 and was told someone else had called as well.
I fell back asleep, if you can call it that, then woke up when I heard the fire truck arrive.
The alarms were turned off and I asked Bryan if I had dreamt it.
I didn't.
I slightly woke up again twice before I heard Bryan showering.
He told me I needed to get up-
I had an eight o'clock class to go to.
I felt crummy getting around.
Still kind of felt like allergies but I soon started feeling the symptoms more intense.
Bryan said he thought I might have a cold because he has allergies too and he wasn't feeling anything.
So I zombied my way through class.
Ran out of tissues.
Slept for an hour in my car before my next class.
Woke up sweating from the my cold and the heat.
Realized I do have a cold.
Grabbed more tissues and almost skipped algerbra-
But it's college and there are things to turn in and homework to receive.
Zombied my way home.
Slept for two hours.
Ate cereal.
Zombied my way over to the computer to type this little note.
Stopped after three sentences and went and stood under a hot shower for a while.
Came back and zombied my way through this blog.
Hope you didn't zombie yourself by reading this.

On a happier note:
My birthday was tuesday.
It was a happy birthday.
I love all my family.
They are thee most excellent people ever.
Bryan is wonderful.
Courtney is so fun.
I'm working things out with Sarah.
My grandparents looked good but the drive is long.
Malachi is huge, walks has lots of teeth and is so adorable.
Mathia broke her leg playing gymnastics in her room.
Everyone signed her cast-
My mom even decorated it with gems and pretty stickers.
I got to see my uncle Jon for the first time in nine months.
And Kimmie's hair is so long.
Oh and my mom is beautiful-
As always.

I'll see the in-laws on Sunday for my birthday.
But Brent is so great, he sent me a texted Happy Birthday on my way to class.

Thank you again, Courtney, for having a ceramic pot made for me.
And thank you again, Mom, for the incredible and lovely scrapbook.

No comments: