Friday, August 25, 2006

Comfort zone....................................................me

So I stepped out of my comfort zone today.
My photography professor has assignments for us.
One of them is to take pictures of animals/livestock.
She said road kill was cool too.

There was a dead coon on the road to wal-mart.
It looked so sweet-
Almost like it was sleeping in the middle of the road.

I always hate seeing road kill-
cause it makes me sad.
I feel so bad for the dead creature.

After wal-mart I passed Ralph-
(that's what I named him)
And after I passed him I felt the need to turn back.
So I did.

I took some pictures.
And I realized Ralph's mouth was open.
His tongue was hanging out.
He didn't look like he was sleeping anymore.
But I did it.
I got up close to a coon.

Now all I have to do is wait until deer season.
The truckers can't help but splash through those poor, poor deer.
Last winter there were splatters of deer on the same road as Ralph.
You only knew it was deer because the skinless rib cage was so big.

2 comments:

jonathan said...

I often find myself wishing that I had a friend like you here. I ahven't had a good talk over coffee since you left school.

raj said...

Sorry I missed you guys this past weekend. Amber, Azina, and my nieces were in town for a wedding, my ordination, etc. Things got crazy and I totally forgot to respond to your comment. Sorry, sorry, sorry.