Wednesday, February 20, 2013

Busy Weekend

Last Thursday morning we headed off to Minnesota to visit with Bryan's brother and sister in law and their two kiddos.  We had been anticipating this trip since November so when I woke up Thursday morning not feeling too great I was bummed.  However, they told us to come on up if there was no fever, so we did!  Thankfully my sis-in-law-in-law is hippieish so she had some all natural remedies for me to try.  Some berry syrup and echinachea tea.
Thursday night the boys had a hockey game to go to so Alyssa and I were left at home to watch the four kiddos.  It was nice to sit and talk although we practically had to wait until the kids all went to bed.
Friday I felt like I got hit by a truck but I kept on with the syrup and tea.  Bryan had a lunch with a co-worker so we just hung around the house until about three then we headed to the Mall of America.
We went to the aquarium and then Buffalo Wild Wings.  Those two things plus all the walking to get there, trying to ride the Dora the Explorer Ferris Wheel but finding it was WAY too expensive, and buying the girls' swimsuits took us nearly 6 hours.  It was crazy that we hardly did anything!!
Saturday I was starting to feel way better so the manly men went out shooting at a range while us women stayed home with the kids (don't worry, they paid us back). After they got home, Alyssa and I went shopping with only her baby.  We went to the smaller mall (which was still way huge) and went in to Charlotte Russe.  Super cute store!!  We had so much fun trying things on, shoes, clothes, jewelry, it was great. We even found some super awesome deals so that made the trip even better.  We ended up spending 3 hours in just this one store but it was totally worth it.
We headed back and took the family swimming at the pool they have in their apartment.  It was great!  The kids had a blast and completely wore themselves out so we got them to bed pretty quickly once we got back to the house.  Then us adults ordered some Chinese food and watch Gran Torino.  Such a great movie!
Sunday I was feeling loads better (Thank you berry syrup!).  We went to church then to a pancake house for supper.  It was seriously some of the best breakfast food ever.  They even had gluten free foods so I was able to have the GF cinnamon french toast.  Yum.
All weekend Alyssa and I had talked about how we missed our nose piercings and that we should get them redone.  We didn't really have the opportunity until that afternoon and we thought that if we didn't do it right then, we weren't going to be able to.
So we found a shop and headed that way.  Sans kids!!  The place was called Aloha Monkey so we were super skeptical but we thought we'd try it out.  It was super clean, bright and everyone looked professional- even with all their tattoos!  The guy who helped us was really nice and did his best to calm our nerves.
I think once you get it done once you know it will hurt so it makes you even more anxious to get it done a second time!
Alyssa went first and did great.  Then it was my turn and I was still so nervous but I knew I really wanted it back so I was going to go through with it.  So glad this guy was super nice!!
He and I were joking about making sure it was done through the previous hole (which was very obviously still there) and when it was over he said "I made sure it was perfect cause otherwise you said you would've f***ed me up!" I laughed and said "yes but not in those words" and he replied "pretty close!" haha :)
Anyway, we had a lot of fun and are hoping to do it again in a few months.  But I think this time we'll need to save some money for all the shopping Alyssa and I like to do!

1 comment:

Kathy said...

sounds like you had a great weekend :) so glad you guys were able to get in some family time :)