Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Baby Vi is 6 months!

My sweetie V turned 6 months last Sunday! Yay! So here are some things about my girlie.

6th month Check-up
You had your check up on Monday. You weighed in at 17.5 pounds!! You are 27 inches long and a very healthy girl! You had pink eye a week ago but it's all cleared up now. A bit of cradle cap still but nothing to be bothered about. You did NOT like your shots. I don't blame you, I didn't like you getting the shots. But it's to keep you safe.

Nicknames:
Pumpkin-lumpkin, Boogabee, Little little, Baby girl, Vi, Girlfriend, Gooberpea
*Funny story about that nickname: As we were in the car the other day I called you "gooberpea" and your daddy says "Gooberpea?" I said "Yeah, but pea, like 'pea' in a pod not 'pee' that you pee, haha." He said, "I know, 'pea' like 'snow pea' ...or 'kidney pea.'"
Haha - We had a good laugh about that one.*

Any news:
-You've only rolled over a few times since the first time you did it. Maybe 5 times from back to front and maybe twice from front to back. You don't really like to be left lying down so it's hard to get you to practice it. It doesn't help that we are on hard wood flooring as of right now.

-You are super smiley but only around people you know. Everyone else thinks you are super serious which is funny to me because you're not that way with us!

-Daddy and A can get you to laugh like nobody's business. Me? Only little giggles here and there.

-You are a momma's girl as of right now. You are super snuggly and will even bury your face into my neck. I LOVE this. Oh my word, how I love it.

-You are about to upgrade to 6-9 month clothing but I JUST found a few cute 3-6 month clothing that were stored away in the 6-9 bin so I'm trying to squeeze you into them before you really are too big.

-You really enjoy the exersaucer but you enjoy it more if we're outside on the porch. You also like the bumbo but not for too long. You'd much rather be held.

-You are chewing on everything but your favorites are my iphone (which is a no-no) and paper. Give you paper and you are happy as a clam. You even ate my grocery list today! Ok, not so much ate as DESTROYED BEYOND ANY UNDERSTANDING OF WHAT WAS ON THAT LIST! Haha, it's okay, but I did forget chicken.

-I still haven't moved you to your own bed. I'm delaying it because you're such a good snuggler. That and you'll have to share a room with your sister and I'm not quite sure how to make bed-time work between you two.

-You are a light sleeper. It's terrible. Unless you have a constant noise to drown out other noises you will wake to anything. It's horrible to try to take you anywhere because you won't just sleep. But you're doing pretty good at night, so there's that..

-You do not enjoy long car rides. This makes it really hard to drive the four hours to my family's place because after the first hour you are done. And I mean DONE.

-You love to pull your sissy's hair. In fact, it makes you giggle. And then she lets you do it some more which makes you squeal.

-You love nursing. It brings you great comfort and joy. I really like it too because I love the bond that we have because of it.

-You are getting ready to start on solids. I think you'll really like it. It's always a little sad to me because it just shows that you are getting bigger! But it's also good because it means you're getting bigger! Ahh, the joys of having kiddos.

-You respond to people talking to you, you babble along, you even mimic chewing when we eat! I also think you have finally learned your name. At least enough.

-You LOVE the water. I think you'll enjoy the kiddy pool with A once we get you out there more.

-You are such a joy that you make me want to have 5 more babies just like you. Okay, your sissy was a really good baby too but you just add so much more to it!

I love you baby V. You are such a joy and blessing to my life that you make my heart swell with happiness.
My cup runeth over.

No comments: