Tuesday, June 26, 2012

30 for Thirty

Today is my husband's 30th birthday (Happy birthday sweetie!!!) and so to celebrate I'm going to gush all about him and list 30 things that I love about him. So here we go!

1. He is a wonderful husband! He may not get everything right, or remember the things I've told him, heck, he may not always pick up after himself, BUT, he is loving, and kind to me. He's patient with me, forgives my faults, is my better half, and is a strong devoted leader. I'm thankful for him!

2. He's a great daddy. He's still trying to figure out how to be a dad to two girls but he's getting there. And they both love him with all they've got.

3. He has a very giving heart. He'll give you the shirt right off his back if you're without, his lunch if you're hungry, his coat if you're cold, his last dollar if you need it. He's super generous to a fault and I love that about him.

4. He is a hard worker. Ask him to help you with a project, he'll be there and one of the last ones to leave. He'll give you all he's got. Don't ask him to clean off his desk though. (JUST kidding. He'll do it.. eventually. Love you sweetie!)

5. He is a great provider. We need nothing and we have things to spare.

6. He is gifted musically. He excels at whatever instrument he picks up especially his bass and guitar. He decided a year and a half(?) ago that he wanted to learn the guitar. So he did. And quickly. The booger.

7. He can also whistle beautifully. B-e-a-utifully. Not fair. ha!

8. He gives people the benefit of the doubt. Sometimes to a fault. And sometimes to where it drives me crazy! (Like I said, better half.)

9. He's an encourager. He loves my cooking and has made me better at it because he'd always praise me for it. He'll watch the kiddos if I want to go running just so I stick with it. He lets me purchase good quality things because he doesn't want me to get cheap-o things that will just break on me too soon (like my new Ninja blender/food processor!).

10. He loves me inspite of all my faults! And there's a lot, I'm sure!

11. He's a handsome fella and he doesn't know it. Or chooses not to know it even though I'll remind him a bazillion times.

12. He's a family man. Family is very important to him. You don't mess with family!

13. He is devoted to God and his will. Even though he loathes change, and ever time I ever brought up moving would make him panic, if God says move, he'll do it. No if's, ands, or buts.

14. He's devoted to me and our family. He works at making it all work. The "D" word isn't in our vocab so we work harder to keep our marriage strong. It's not always easy but it's easier with a spouse by your side that you know will stick by your side.

15. He trusts me to make desicions. Financially, purchases, paint colors, you name it.

16. He's a cool geek, if there ever was one. He totally rocks at the computer stuff, can fix almost anything with bytes and hard drives or whatever, but he is also into cool music, has good taste in movies and food, and plays the guitar (see #6), shoots guns, and does manly stuff!! He's cool.

17. He loves my family. Even though they are crazy, don't pass food in a clock-wise direction, and there's a lot of them, he loves them and enjoys being around them.

18. He's considerate. He'll hold open that door for the next 40 people coming towards him, let you go first, give up his seat (if you're a girl, or old, or a kid), or overtip you as our waiter/waitress. Oh wait, that last one is generous. Well still, he'll do it!

19. He cleans the bathroom for me. If you know me, you know I loathe loose hair. It grosses me out, gives me the heebie jeebies. I don't know why it does but he'll clean it up for me. I'm also a bit of a germaphobe so the toilet- ick! He's a saint.

20. He'll put his needs last. I know this kind of goes with considerate and generous, but he's such a good guy it needs to be said.

21. He has an awesome beard. He has a major baby face (well at least he did, but I haven't seen it for over 7.5 years) so I like facial hair on him and he keeps it! Even in the summer. Such a swell guy.

22. He's my protector. He's fearless! Will save me from moths and everything!!

23. He'll take A with him if ever I need a break and he's going somewhere. Like, worship practice or to the store.

24. He's good to forgive. Especially when I drive him crazy by picking on him, or when I'm easily frustrated and lash out. I try not to take advantage of this because it is good of him to do. So thank you babe.

25. He makes me laugh. Life with kiddos is way different than it was as just the two of us so we have to make time for just us. And sometimes we're tired and don't feel very laugh-friendly but we try and once we get going it's hard to get us to stop laughing.

26. He cares. This is different, promise. He cares about what happens in the world. Mainly politics. I'm a (clean) hippy, tree-loving, earth friendly kind of gal so I take care of the recycling, eco-friendly, health concious stuff and he takes care of the political side of things. I trust that he knows what he's doing.

27. He knows stuff. A lot of stuff. And if he doesn't know it, he researches it. He'll research the crap out of it until he knows it all. He's a smarty-pants. In a good way.

28. He's a book worm and wants our kids to be too. He's kind of made me into one as well. I am not opposed to a good read.

29. He's a saver. In the borderline hoarder kind of way. But not so much that he is a hoarder. I'm a get-rid-of-it-er.. I like to simplify by not having a lot of stuff. He likes to hold on to it. We compromise and seem to keep what we need to keep and get rid of what we don't. It's a nice mix.

30. He's Mister Fix-it. Not in the handy-man kind of way, although if he can he will (try at least), but in the I want to help where I can kind of way. Sometimes I will vent to him (because he's also a great listener) but then he'll want to fix the problem. Sometimes he can't and he just has to listen. This will drive him crazy. But other times he has really great advice and can bring me back down to ground level of how to deal with what's before me. He's really awesome friend in that way. (That's kind of 31, but don't tell.)

There you have it, 30 GREAT things about a really GREAT guy. Happy birthday Bryan! I love you and am so very thankful for you and your awesomeness. You pretty much rock. Just sayin'.

1 comment:

Sarah said...

These are great, Sep! Good idea! I'm sure he appreciates this even though you probably tell him most of these often. I'm glad you two are so happy together. :)