Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Well over a month

My darling baby is now 5 weeks and three days old. Oh my, how time flies. The days have been glorious. Tough learning how to deal with a three year old while soaking in my new babe. Finding the opportunities to clean, spend time with each kid, finding time for myself, time for the hubby, when to run errands. It's all a whole new territory.
Today the three of us ran to T@rget and I almost forgot my wallet at the check out because of V crying and A dilly-dallying around! Life with two is NUTS! But I wouldn't change a thing.

Tomorrow the four of us are going to check out a pre-k for Miss A. She has been begging me to start school. I didn't want to start her in January right after V coming along because I didn't want A to think we were tossing her out for the new babe. But she still begs me.
It seems like a nice school. A friend's kid attends and a lady from church works there. So we'll see what we think of it when we look into it in the morning.

As for tv, I'm into a few new shows that I've just got to mention. Bryan and I are watching Once Upon A Time and we love it. It's about Fairy Tale characters being placed under a spell taking them from their world to ours. So far so good. I'm really bad about watching things on Netflix so I have a hard time waiting to watch the next episode a week later! But I'll just have to wait.. *sigh*
Another is Glee. I know. Don't hate me. Someone mentioned it on FB and I thought I'd see what all the hubbub was about. I love the singing! Such beautiful voices. However, the plot is sorta dumb but funny and lame but intriging all at the same time. I watched both season 1 and 2 in like 4 or 5 days and now have to wait for season 3 to start over or come to Netflix. I wanna know what happens! Ok, shoot me now.
Grimm. It's intriging and entertaining. Bryan and I really dig it.
And the last is Downton Abbey. EVERYone seems to be talking about it and I've only heard good things. I started watching a couple episodes but I wasn't sure I liked it or not. So a lovely friend of mine and I were talking about it the other day and she urged me to keep going with it. So I did and now I'm addicted. I watched the first season on Netflix and went to watch another episode only to find that was the end of the season and I have to start season 2! Only problem is they already started season 2 on TV so I have to wait. But OH! Lovely friend found that it's on the computer at PBS.org!! Lovely friend rocks. So I'll have to pry the computer away from my hubby as soon as he returns home from Worship practice.

And last Saturday my bf Emily threw a Sip&See for V and me. It was so lovely. People could just come and love on V, I could chat with grown-ups, and we could all sit around and sip hot cocoa (or tea) and munch on the goodies that Em made. It was fabulous. And other than having to nurse poor V about 5 or 7 times I think I enjoyed it more than a baby shower! Ok, maybe not. They're both awesome in their own right. But it sure was fun.

Tomorrow is a dear friend of Bryan and mine's birthday. She'll be 82!! She is a good friend of ours because she is the first person who really welcomed us at our church when we first came. We've been friends with her for over 5 years! My how time flies.
Wait... didn't I already say that?

1 comment:

Kathy said...

I was sorry to miss the sip and see but had a wonderful time with my sister at the wedding. My sister loves Once Upon A Time too :) I can't believe V is 5 weeks and 3 days! wow life with two is nuts, wait till it's 6! :) Soon you will be a pro with 2 ;)