Thursday, June 25, 2009

"What about Bob?"

My daughter's new favorite word, as well as to call me and other things at times, is "Bob." Or at least it sounds like Bob. She'll say, "mama bob." It's cute, strange, yet cute. I can't help but laugh. I'm trying to teach her that words have meanings so when she says "mama," I'll respond with a "yes, baby?" I'm hoping that she'll catch on.
She's been so adamant about walking lately, she has no regards to her daddy's and my backs. I walk around feeling the burn in my butt and thighs, a great, and free, work out for anyone who is trying to decide on their next workout routine. And she'll so laps! Hundreds of them before she tires. Then if we put her down on the ground she'll scream and cry. That's hard. It kind of breaks my heart.
And she's growing so fast! It's insane. She's already 9.25 months. Roughly. She's getting so big, and smart and such a lovely young person. She talks in rambling sentences, crawls around and play with her toys, is eating fruit! Our new favorite is mango. Mm, yes. I gave up long ago on baby food and just went straight to making my own. It's so much better. I know exactly what's in it and don't have to worry about preservatives. And it's not hard at all. I highly recommend it. (Thank you, Jolene!)
Her two top front teeth are starting to come in. I'm a little nervous for this since I'm still nursing her but she seems to know better than to bite. We should be ok. I hope.

I'm working my way through the Bible. I realized lately that I haven't read it much in a very long time and I haven't actually fully read through the entire Old Testament.
So I began about two weeks ago and have finished Genesis and am working my way through Exodus. Now that I'm a little older, it's interesting to actually be able to follow the lineage and to read their stories.
I love finding things that I don't quite understand and being able to hear the history and details of the stories so I can understand it better. I'm very excited for it. I've even put down Adam by Ted DekKer down half way through.

Since Amelia is starting to climb up on to things I've been working on decluttering my house. It hasn't been easy but it's growing increasingly easier as she starting to get into the things that I need to put away. Talk about encouragement!
So, our dining room table as well as my office desk is covered in putawayables. I'll get to it. Someday. I have to see if I have any boxes some where that I haven't thrown away.

I'm also in this wonderful Mom's study group. We get together every Thursday where we unload our hearts with whatever burdens we happen to be carrying as well as encourage and pray for each of the women in our group. Today was the first time that all of us have been able to get together in a long time and it was a great. I am so thankful for these ladies, the group we've created and the time we share each week. I look forward to each Thursday.

And not to forget my wonderful husband who is turning, an ever closer to 30, the grand ol' 27 tomorrow. Happy birthday, my love!

I apologize that each of my posts seem like a giant catch-up but I only get to get on a computer every so often. But I hope you all are well.

Until next time...

1 comment:

Anita - Soaring Eagle said...

Sounds like you are a "busy" mom, no wonder you are not on the computer that much! When you are old like me - you will see the change. ha ha. I am so glad you have that Bible Class! That is great that you are reading your own Bible too! I have been reading the Chronicle Bible - I like it! I have read through the Bible a couple of times but each time there is always something new! You go woman. Love, Anita