Wednesday, June 17, 2009

9 months and counting...

My baby girl is nine months and a day. I add the "and a day" since I didn't get on here to inform you of this yesterday. She is officially crawling on her knees, like a big girl. It's very rare for her to army crawl any more. Her feet are cute to watch. The toes on the right curl and she uses her left toes to help push herself.
She is using more "mama" and now "dada," and they almost seem to be coming out with purpose.
We are still working on solids. I gave up on baby food and am just smashing up table food. So far she will eat/play with bananas, carrots and green beans. She will still gag a bit at times but it's not coming back up and out!
She's also pulling herself up into a standing position. It's fun to watch her, however nerve wracking to watch in hesitation that she might fall. I know it's ok, it's just hurts me to see her cry.
She's learning more to play with her toys although she still enjoys the expensive things: our camera, Bryan's iPhone. The things that tend to fall on her or hurt: the fan and the door. And the things that just annoy me when I'm trying to use them: the remote or the phone. But I can't help but love her and I seem to get over it pretty quickly.
She is learning to use her painful cry to her advantage. Before, I knew when she was hurt hurt, because she would use her painful cry, and I knew when she was just fine because of a different cry. But now, now she uses her painful cry for a lot of things. And she's good at the alligator tears. Another thing for mama to learn.
She is definitely my water baby. Even when the water is too cold for me to get in, she will still play in the water. It's cute and sweet, but that means I have to really keep an eye on her around any kind of water.

Anything else....

She's growing like a weed! Can't help but love her more every day.

No comments: