Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Lately...

My daughter will be 7 months in two days... It's hard to believe. She is growing like crazy, physically and mentally. She's so smart and cute and lovable. It's hard to get enough of her some days.
She gets so frustrated that she's not mobile yet. She tries to get around, and she can, by paddling herself in circles, going backwards and then turning around, stretching, and pushing off of things. Sunday, she showed us a new trick by forming an "A" shape with her body -sticking her butt up in the air, while being on her tippy toes and her forearms. It was cute.
This last weekend really took it out of her too. Bryan had Friday off so we hung around being lazy, then ran around doing errands -shopping and such. Then I got to hang out with my sister, Courtney
Then on Saturday we hung out with friends all day. First Jolene and B, and Courtney. Then we headed off to Keith and Em's for dinner and a bonfire with s'mores. It was a very good day.
Sunday, we headed to church, enjoyed Easter service, then headed to Bryan's parents for lunch and Jolene and Dave's for dinner. We had such a good time that we didn't leave until 11:30 at night!
So with all the craziness of the weekend, I thought I should give Amelia a little break. So what did we do yesterday? Nothing. And it was swell. Well, not nothing, we did sleep. From 10-1 and then she again from 2:30-4:30. Then down at 8.
I had to let her cry herself to sleep last night. The past few nights have been bad... Up every hour, sometimes not wanting to go back to sleep. I couldn't take it. So we let her cry for 20 minutes and then I went in there to let her know I was here, that I loved her and that she was OK. So, I stroked her hair, kissed her and let her hold tightly to my arms as she sniffled herself to sleep. It was painful but let me tell ya, she slept for three hours at a time! PTL. I just pray for the will to do it and keep reminding myself that it's worth it and it's good for her however painful it may be for myself.

Anyway, I'm off to have some steak for lunch. Enjoy your Tuesday and hopefully it won't take me another 2 weeks to post again!

4 comments:

Anita - Soaring Eagle said...

Wow, you sure have had some FUN days in there. Bless her little heart - I can't believe she will be 7 months! EnJOY every moment huh - for we know how fast they can go! I know it had to be hard to let her cry...

Anonymous said...

Babies are little heart breakers. You are raising her (even at this early age) to be a secure, self-soothing little girl. Keep up the great work. Mothering (and fathering) is the toughest job out there.

Kathy said...

Praying for you all!

Sheila said...

I am so proud of you!!!! It is hard at first but you are teaching her a very important life lesson in helping her learn how to sleep on her own. Keep up the good work! I can't wait for Thursday! If it's nice out, we might be walking, too. I am really hoping Becca is coming. I was telling her today that you and her are a lot alike...both artists :) She is really talented but doesn't take much time for her art anymore. I am hoping that will change! Wow...didn't think i'd leave a novel :)