Saturday, August 04, 2007

What a week!!!

Wow.
This week was nuts.
Monday-Friday we had VBS and I
was Professor Clutz the crafting scientist.
Although it was a little crazy, stressful and hectic
at times,
it was a lot of fun.
Last night was the craziest of the complete
three weeks.

I had to go in at 3:30 to
get all of the crafts set up for collection,
clean up from the previous night,
finish any crafts that were left unfinished
due to lack of time,
and set up for the nights crafts.
Bryan and I didn't get there til 4:00,
then Bryan only got to help for so long because
Keith needed help picking up a root beer keg.
So I was on my own.
I got some extra help from Miss Ashleigh
(she helped me a lot this week. Thanks Ash).
We had just beat the clock and made it in time.

During the first craft I had to use a hot glue gun
and I burnt myself.
On the tip of my middle finger.
It seriously hurt for three hours.
Throbbing, burning pain all the way
up my arm.
I had to keep my finger
dipped in ice water.
A ton of people helped me out
and took good care of me.
I now have a giant blister
and my finger is numb.
It'll heal.

After it was all said and done
we cleaned the whole church.
So many people helped out and pitched in
it got done in about an hour.
And the place was spic and span.

Afterwards, when everyone had gone home,
we went to leave and
found an anniversary card
on our windshield.
It was a beautifully handmade
and signed by a lot of wonderful people.
Bryan and I are still really touched
by the beautiful sentiment.
We feel truly blessed
having such wonderful people in our lives.

So all in all
Bryan and I had a wonderful week
at VBS
and a wonderful third anniversary.

1 comment:

raj said...

three years already . . . wow! congratulations!