Sunday, February 19, 2006

boring happenings

What a crazy, lazy weekend. I think the most Bryan and I got done was cleaning our apartment. It really needed it plus we had company over tonight. Well I guess that's not the most cause I did make some awesome homemade potato soup and strawberry pie. Talking to my mom she asked if I was becoming Suzie Homemaker. I don't think I am, I just like good homemade cookin'. Plus it's way healthier when you make it from scratch rather than buy premade stuff to throw in the oven... even if it does take way longer in front of the oven. And granted not everyone has the will nor time to do that but it is good even if just every so often. Truthfully I don't have the time all the time either.
This morning I was ready to go back to our nice warm comfy bed after only a half an hour of leaving it. And yesterday I fell asleep during the day. Bryan slept for 12 hours on Saturday but he certainly needed it. The weekends are catch-up-on-sleep days.
Valentines Day was good. I didn't get flowers but I did get two cards. Yes, two. I like receiving cards but Bryan isn't good at giving them. Blame it on his anti-card giving family. And I started to tear up because it I thought it was so sweet of him.
It's also been freezing here. The last couple of days it has been 0° with a windchill of 25° below. I know it's reached minus 30° in the night. Frost has been covering the edges of our windows which isn't unusual but it doesn't help trying to keep it warm. And not every man would stand out in that kind of cold scraping the window for you while your inside the car warming.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I though I would leave you a comment to let you know I am thinking of you and I pray for you.
-jeannie

FantasticAlice said...

See, keeping the oven on longer makes better meals (with your help of course) and it also keeps your house heated!

Kill two birds... wack, with one stone!

jonathan said...

just thought i would let you know i made a new blog that i will update. i promise.
-jonathan