Friday, February 24, 2006

another day but at least it's friday

I'm so glad it's friday. Praise Jesus, I need the weekend. I also need to paint our apartment. A smoker was in here pre-us and the walls are darker than they should be. But painting is prohibited. So we have to convince our landlord that we only want to paint it white and nothing more. White is way better than smokers yellowish cream. Especially when we're not smokers. Oh, it's thick too. I think we just notice it more. I had changed the plate on a light switch and the paint underneath was way lighter than it is now. The maintenance man was suppose to plaster and paint before we moved in, as with every available apartment.
I'm actually just tired of our living room look. I don't like clutter and that's exactly what has happened.

Watching the baby I nanny has it's good days like today. It reminds me that I do like babies, children in general. But then there are days like yesterday that keep me in check and remind me why I don't want kids yet. For the life of me I couldn't get him to stop crying. I think he was just tired so I put him down on the couch and let him scream for a few minutes. I figured he'd tire himself out and fall asleep. Which is what happened only after I held him. A nice long 3.5 hour nap.
I think I'm becoming unsociable from hanging out with a toothless, speachless, bald and needy 3 month old. I'm thinking I should maybe get another part-time job just so I don't start only hanging out with people that haven't learned to speak or can't hold their head on their own yet.

Anyway.

There's so much more going on, but it's too much and I'm too tired.

2 comments:

jonathan said...

To be fair most of your friends from college were barely capable of speech, or the ability to walk, or anything that requires above base level intelligence, myself included.;)

none said...

ha. yes but oh to get us together now. the things that we'd talk about.