Wednesday, December 05, 2012

24/30 Things: Childhood and Family

{To know what I'm talking about, and to see previous 30 Things posts, start here}


24. Describe the family dynamic of your childhood vs. your family dynamic now.

Well, when I was a kid, our family was kinda small.  And when I say "family" I mean, my mom, my sisters, my mom's parents, my mom's sister and husband, and my mom's brother.  We'd all get together for every event, do everything together. My grandparents were younger so things were much easier for them to get around and such.   We were small and compact so activities were simpler, like going to the amusement park, the rodeo, birthdays, holidays.  
Now, two of us three girls are married.  And the two of us have 3 kids between us.  My aunt and her hubby have two kids. My other uncle passed away.  My mom is remarried and he has three boys.  My grandparents are a bit older and a little slower moving but still up and at 'em.
That's a lot of people.  When we were a small family, we'd invite people to holidays and events.  That was easy. We still do invite people to our holidays and events, just not as many people.  
We still play games, we still go places, we still get together for everything.  We're just bigger.  And I love it.  I love my family.

1 comment:

Kathy said...

I like this, because it helps me see your family a little clearer :) but a question, is that last line some kind of eye test? hee hee love you!