Saturday, May 28, 2011

Monday, May 2

So first of all, I'm pregnant with baby #2!! We can finally share it with the world.
(I am starting to type this all out way before we do actually share it but I don't want to forget anything :)
We found out (officially with a pee test) on Thursday, April 28th. I had a good feeling something was up but wasn't quite ready to take the test. Not that I wasn't ready for a positive but that I wasn't ready for a negative. Then I'd have to wonder what the heck was up with my body if I wasn't pregnant after all?
So wednesday night, after feeling super weird (insert Pregnant here) I grabbed a pee test and placed it by the toilet for the next morning.
I slept oddly all night because, and I'm sure, of the anticipation for the next morning. I think I woke at 6 but wouldn't let myself get out of bed yet knowing that if it really was a positive I wouldn't be able to go back to sleep and would have to wait forever for Bryan to wake so I could let him know.
I slept until 7 and just couldn't wait anymore. I got up, did the test, and kept glancing at the test. It went quick and before I knew it there was a digital Positive staring at me from the screen that was sticking out of the wrapper.
I was beyond excited. Oh my word. I tried to get ready but kept anxiously glancing at Bryan to see if he was awake yet. I was just going to let him wander into the bathroom and find the pee stick on his own but realized after a while that he'd never see it.
Then God gave me an idea. Knowing that the first two things he does when he wakes is he grabs his glasses and then his iphone. I grabbed his iphone and snapped a photo of the digital Positive and set it to his lock screen. This way he wouldn't miss it. And sure enough he didn't.
I saw him look at his phone. Then a double take. Then study his phone. He finally looked at me with a smirk and a Really? Well, yeah! I wouldn't make up a positive you goober, haha.
I finished getting ready and then A and I headed off to Thursday Morning Momma's. Bryan and I weren't going to say anything at this point so I just had to keep my mouth shut. But boy was it hard. I was nauseous and had a headache but couldn't say why.
After TMM, we headed home and I made an appointment for a blood test to confirm our at home test. This is just what I did when I found out I was pregnant with A. Then, I found out the next day but this time I had to wait until monday. So I did. It was hard, let me tell you.

Friday we decided we wanted to at least tell our parents. So Bryan called his mom and I called mine. This Christmas is my family's turn so I started off with that. I said that we may need to switch Christmas plans around because that's when my due date is. I said it so casually that she had to do a double. She was like Wait? What?? That's when she started hollering in excitement that I could hold my phone from my ear and still hear her!

Then that night we went to an open house for a friend's grand opening of her new studio. As it turned out, Bryan's sis-in-law, Alyssa, knows our friend's brother, so she was there too.
Surprise!
At this point we weren't going to tell family members but Bryan basically gave it away so I told him to go ahead since he practically already did! It was nice to finally be able to talk about it to someone else! We told her not to tell anyone, especially her hubby (my hubby's brother) because we wanted to be able to do it.
That night when we left I felt a bug coming on. At first I thought it was just allergies because it hit me all of a sudden. It was really strange.
So Saturday Alyssa asked if Bryan and I would like to join her and Brent for a hockey game if I was feeling up to it. I had been super nauseated and then with the bug I was feeling pretty yucky. I was still hoping it was allergies at this point but was starting to wonder if I could be wrong. We felt bad but ended up opting out and instead made a more definitive plan for two weeks from now.

Sunday, I felt bloated and like I was barely hiding anything. Luckily I still have some tummy left over from my pregnancy with A so I just blamed it on that ;) Especially when an older lady in the church decided to ask me if I was pregnant! I couldn't believe it. Of course I was but I sure wasn't going to announce it right then and there!

And then this morning I just couldn't wait for the results any longer. I had to call. I already knew what the answer was but I wanted one more solidifier. So when I got the nurse on the phone and she told me I was most definitely pregnant, I cried because I was so happy.

I finally went and told Emily and she was so excited to hugged me three times. The goober, every time I would say to her "Guess what?" She would respond with a "You're pregnant!?" Well, this time she received a "Yup!" and she was stunned and then she squealed. It was fun.

I'm already noticing my change in appetite. Food doesn't sound appealing and then when it does it doesn't taste as good as I know it really does. It's all a big let down. And cheese! Cheese is a gag this time around and I like cheese! At least I'm pretty sure that I do, but every time I try to remember if I like it or not the thought of it just makes me want to Gag.


It still seems a bit unreal. We were planning to get pregnant, we just didn't think it would happen so quickly. With A, it took a year. With this one, first time around. We're happy but nervous. So now we wait anxiously for an ultrasound to determine how far along we are as well as the doctor appointments. But first I have to tell my family!! This weekend I sure will :)

Praying for our new baby!!

3 comments:

Anita - Soaring Eagle said...

So looking forward to seeing "your baby" -- CONGRATULATIONS!!! I was hoping you would have another one, VV can't seem to have enough around. :) I know your parents will be happy - lucky them - another grandchild!!!

Rachel said...

I'm so happy for you! I found out on March 23rd and was 5 weeks along! I had a hunch on the 17th, but just couldn't bring myself to test because I was sure I was setting myself up for disappointment. After 8 months of trying it's hard to keep your hopes up!

Loved your whole story and how you told Bryan! Like I said on Facebook...I suspected it when you asked me when I was due. LOL! :)

Congrats again! So cool our babies will be close in age!

Rachel said...

ps...did you mean you found out April 28th? Cuz that would put you in December. Also...that was my birthday! So cool!