Friday, October 15, 2010

Long Week






Let's start with the rough:

Sunday.. no, let's back up, Friday night we went over to Bryan's brother and sister-in-law's for dinner and ended up staying until 11. We had a really good time, however, we also had A with us and her bedtime is 8:30.
She's a lot like me and doesn't just fall asleep with so much going on. I wish she was, but she's not, so she was up til 11 right along with us. That made for a hard Saturday.
Saturday, we got up and picked up the Pitts', because they're just cool, and we all headed west and south to a pumpkin patch.
There we did a corn maze, jumped hay bales (those large round ones are still called "bales", correct?), pet a cow (well, I did), and picked out some rockin' pumpkins. Ours has warts. Lots of warts. And I got some gourds and made a pretty display on our dining room table.
Later Saturday night, Bryan and I were finally able to see his brother's band in concert. They weren't too shabby. Okay, they were pretty good. I dug 'em.
Out again late, and Sunday we had church, them off to take Bryan to the airport. For NC. For a week.
*sigh*
I was able to occupy my mind that night by hanging with Em. But Monday was hard. Really hard. It was a crappy day. In fact, it just sucked. But I was able to write three letters for three really awesome people who celebrated their birthday's that night. And I got to give it to them. The end.
Tuesday was the start of a much better week with A and I getting along, me having the patience to be mom without the support and loving breaks my husband so graciously gives to me. And we had a pretty good rest of the week. We got to do dinner with my favorite 80 y/o, some Youth Group, Bible Study, lunch with a sweet girl, and helping a friend get her dresses finished to sell.
My momma and gramma even came up a day early to help me out. It's so nice. I'm typing this in quiet...
Tonight I get to pick up Bryan but before then there will be painting of the kitchen, a photo shoot with a dear sweet friend and her very nice hubby, hanging with my kin folk, and, more than likely, cleaning.
Next week will be another long week but I won't be thinking about that until Monday. I'm just going to sit back and enjoy the next three days.

No comments: