Friday, January 12, 2007

Donate Your Exploding Water to the Homeless

So, if you didn't know,
I'm in California with Bryan.
Instead of the scheduled
six hours
it took us 13 hours to get here.

Delays.

Our first flight out
left 2 hours after it's intended time.
But our connecting flight left on time-
An hour before we arrived.

So we had to get another flight.
It wasn't scheduled to leave for another
three hours.
So we sat and waited.
We finally made it at 12:30am
our time, 10:30 here.

Bed time-
2:30 central.

I did try to sleep on the plane-
Neck pillows SUCK.
So I used Bryan's sweatshirt instead.

But the greatest story I have for you today
started when we were going through security.

They asked if we had any liquids-
so we got into our bag and started getting them out.
The guy went through my make-up and pulled out
my 12oz moisturizer and said I couldn't take it.
We didn't have checked baggage
or someone waiting for us
so he threw it away.
Same with my face wash.

You should know how crucial these are.

Then we asked if we had to get rid of our water.
He was like-
"Yes, but you can buy some inside to take on the plane."
So Bryan said-
"But the seal isn't even broken."
So he responded-
"Yes, but that doesn't matter."
But would you like to donate it to the homeless?"

-What??
You're going to donate our exploding water
to the poor people of the world?


What a ridiculous concept.
You won't let us take this water on the plane
for fear it has exploding chemicals-
But you'll give it to the homeless...

So all in all
The government took my
water
my face wash
and my moisturizer!

Now the question lies-
How do I wash my face today?

1 comment:

jordan said...

what a pain to fly these days. dangerous liquids to the homeless. wow, hadn't heard that one before. good story, seppy!