Monday, January 09, 2006

another day, another dollar...less.

Friday I had that interview and it went fine but I soon got that phone call that everyone hates. No, not the one where they hire someone else but the one. You know, the one where they tell you that they have decided not to fill the position at this point in time...
Well then why in the world did we bother to come in, get drilled with a billion questions, wait in anticipation just to have you tell us that you're not going to fill it?
The reason they gave me is that the place to train people on the computer isn't training right now. Well, then they needed to specify that.
good grief.
So I'm still in search of a job.
Right now anything'll do, even a part-time job.
Shoot, I'll scrub floors if I have to.
Just something to bring in money so we aren't hurting so bad. We have completely depleted our savings except a few cents, down to nothing in our checking and Bryan doesn't get paid til next Monday. To make matters worse his boss still isn't paying overtime even though everything is back up to par. I don't think he gets that it's killing us. Bryan works his butt off and it feels like he doesn't recognized for his efforts. It frustrates me to the point that I'm ready to go in there myself and ask for his time and a half back.

1 comment:

FantasticAlice said...

BANK HEIST!

Thought it sounded good to me! Yeah, economy is rough as hell right now for people our age. In fact it down right sucks. So, what kind of jobs are you actually interested in... what would really enjoy (whether you get it or not)?