Sunday, January 24, 2010

What?? It's January? And it's almost over??

It has been way too long since I last blogged. I wouldn't even know where to begin to try to catch up. How 'bout a sum-up.

December:
Christmas with the Pitts
Christmas with the in-laws
Christmas with the ..not.. in-laws

January (so far):
Trip down to Joplin to see a friend get married.
Way too long of a trip.
A hated the drive.
Broke down and bought a dvd player for the car.
Was glad to be home.
Don't know if I could do it again.
But happy to have seen everyone that I saw.
Lots of friendly old faces :)


Thursday night I held a spa party with a lady who is a Beauty Control consultant. Waaaay better than anything else I have ever tried. Loved it. So did the ladies I had come over. Two friends are going to be having their own and I get to go to theirs too! It's so needed and way underrated. A pamper night with your girlfriends and no hubbys or kiddos!?!! Please, gimme that once a week and I'd be a happy girl.

Then last night we had a spontaneous girls night out. Went to a movie at 9 at night. Saw Did You Hear About The Morgans? Cute. I dug it. Some good funny parts. It was just fun hanging out with those girls and a snuggie. Don't ask.
Then we went to Village Inn for some pie. Gooood time. Fun times. We were out until midnight. And on a Saturday night!! We all still made it to church.
Next time we'll have to invite more ladies!

Also, I am off sweets for six months. I know, I know. You all think I'm crazy. But I'm not. It's not a diet. It's not some crazed thinking. It's me, reprogramming myself and how I think of sweets. I can too easily sit down with a pie and lovingly eat half of it in a sitting. Put some of my mom-in-law's cookies in front of me and I'd gladly pack away 20 of them. This is why I'm doing this.
Six months. No sweets (i.e. desserts, chocolate, shakes and the like. Anything that could strike me to eating way more than my share.) Not only am I doing this for myself, I'm doing this for my daughter. I want to teach her the proper way of eating desserts. That it's okay to have a cookie here and there, and it's okay to have one piece of pie, but then we're done.
So six months, then I will gradually allow myself to have a small dessert on special occasions, like birthdays and our anniversary. See? I'm not going forever, but I am doing this to better myself and to not let sweets be my go-to.
That's another thing. I would go get something sweet if I was stressed. I don't need that. I need to turn to God before sweets. And it's slowly working.
I've also been working on working out. Exercise. I don't want my daughter to be a couch potato who can't control her sweet eating habits. I have to set the example. I can do this.
See? I'm not crazy for doing six months of no sweets.

I'm already heading into week 4.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I know that movie got bad reviews but it looks cute and I love Sarah and Hugh. Thanks for the recommendation.

Jacob said...

This is Rachel signed into Jacob's account:

Yay! I've missed your blogging. Way to go on committing to go 6 months with no sweets. I don't think I could do it, but I am trying to cut back. I completely understand though. I also can sit down with a pie and eat half of it. Or eat a half dozen cookies. I don't have self control over sweets sometimes. :( Gotta get portion control back!

Love you and miss you. Emily was telling me about the Snuggie and I was cracking up. Too funny!

Danger Haley said...

Hey girly. Good call on the chair rail. That may be just what the room needs. We finally settled on a shade of red for our bedroom and I picked up the stuff to strip all the paint off of our kitchen cabinets...I hope it's not a terrible ordeal...really not wanting to spend my life in the garage stripping paint :)